Women of all ages love to wear acrylic nails either plain or with attractive designs on it. But if the acrylic nails are damaged or got too thick, it is time to remove them. But removing acrylic nails carelessly can damage your actual nails. So you must know that how to take off acrylic nails without breaking real nails.
Some women think that the easiest way to remove acrylic nails is by ripping them off. It definitely is not a good idea as it can serious damage your real nails. Here we will guide you that how to take off acrylic nails without ripping them off. Followings are some of the simple and convenient methods to help you know how to take off acrylic nails without damaging your nails.
How to Take Off Acrylic Nails Without Breaking Real Nails With Hot Water:
At this step, we will let you know that how to take off acrylic nails without damaging real nail by using just hot water. It is one of the simplest and easiest ways that does not require much of an effort. All you will have to do to know how to take off acrylic nails without breaking real nails is as follows:
- Take some water and boil it to the mild level. A bowl of water is sufficient for the purpose. Make sure that you do not boil the water too much as it can damage your skin by burning it. It is suggested to leave it for a while to cool down. When you think that you can comfortably put your fingers in it, you are ready for the next step.
- The next step to know how to take off acrylic nails without cutting them, is dipping just the nails into the hot water. It may take a few minutes till your acrylic nails start coming off. The nails will not come off completely so you will have to move to the next step.
- In order to completely get rid of the acrylic nails you will have to remove the nails with the help of a toothpick or any similar object. But you have to be very careful while doing it. Remove the acrylic nails by placing the toothpick between acrylic and real nail. You can scratch off all the nails one by one. You may need to dip the nails in the hot water again to soften them so keep it warm. Later, you will have to remove the remains of acrylic nails with a nail file. Now you know that how to remove acrylic nails without cutting them so you should give it a try.
How to Take Off Acrylic Nails Without Breaking Real Nails With Acetone:
The next method to let you know that how to take off acrylic nails without damaging natural nails is by using acetone. Refer to the below mentioned steps to know how to take off acrylic nails without breaking real nails.
- For the purpose you should trim the tips of acrylic nails first to make them short. If the nails are too thick using a coarse nail file can be handy to file up the acrylic nails first. After clipping, you will have to file off the topcoat of acrylic nails as much as possible. Using long strokes can be more effective that should run the length of the nail.
- The next step to know how to remove acrylic nails without damaging natural nails is using the acetone. You have to be very cautious when using acetone as it is highly flammable and has strong fumes. Selecting a well-ventilated room is more suitable for the purpose. Moreover, you have to warm up acetone a bit but you cannot put it near any source of heat as it can quickly start burning. For the purpose pouring acetone in a short bowl and placing it into a larger bowl filled with hot water can be very helpful.
- Before applying the acetone to your nail, you should apply petroleum jelly on the skin around the nails to protect it from irritation. Now make 10 cotton balls according to the size of your nails and 10 aluminum foil pieces to wrap around the fingertips. Dip the cotton balls into reasonably warm acetone. When it is properly saturated put it directly onto the nail and wrap foil piece around it tightly to hold it. Do the same with all nails. After 30 minutes the acrylic nails will come off so you should remove the ball and take off the acrylic nails. If it gets harden, you can apply the ball again for just a minute or so. Scrap off the remaining of acrylic nails with a file or nail buffer.
How to Take Off Acrylic Nails Without Breaking Real Nails With Dental Floss:
Now to the next method to know how to take off acrylic nails without breaking real nails. If you want to know that how to remove acrylic nails without petroleum jelly, here is your answer. Using dental floss can offer you a great convenience to remove the acrylic nails without a worry. To know how to take off acrylic nails without ruining your nails, follow the steps mentioned here under:
- In order to use the floss, you will require someone who can do it as you will not be able to hold the floss with both of your hands. First of all, pray the edges of the acrylic nails using a cuticle stick. You should start with the bottom edges of acrylic nails by gently lifting them up.
- Then ask your friend to slip the dental floss under the edges of acrylic nail you have just lifted and move the floss back and forth. This step of “how to take off acrylic nails without petroleum jelly” has to be performed very careful and slowly. If more force is applied or you are doing it faster, it can damage even your real nails. Slowly the acrylic nail will come off but you have to keep doing it until it is completely off the real nail.
- At the next step of “how to take off acrylic nails without breaking real nails”, all you have to do is file the nails. It will help you to smooth the nails and to ensure that the acrylic nails are completely removed.