If you are done with acrylic nails now and you want to get rid of acrylics as you don’t want to wear the faded ones anymore, this is the time to know how to remove acrylic nails with foil. Well, there are lots of methods to take off acrylic nails and most of them work easily and you can do them at your own home without any special guidance. Just you need is to carry out some practice so that you don’t do it the wrong way.
Acrylic nail designs are setting manicure trends higher and higher. You can opt to take on any of many modern acrylic nail shapes. Anyways, whether you have worn coffin nail shapes or stiletto, you would come up with a day when you don’t need them anymore.
Either you shall have to repaint them or redo them totally but the hassle of the time is how to get rid of those fake nails. We have already presented some articles on how to remove acrylic nails with acetone and foil. You can use the aluminum foil easily available in the kitchen.
How to take off acrylic nails with foil and acetone
In order to remove the acrylic nails with foil, you shall need some basic things. They should be made available in hand before you start the acrylic nail removal process. If you don’t know how to do acrylic nails then we hope you also don’t know how to do away with them. So, make sure all of the acrylic nail removal supplies are available with you. You can buy a kit as well that has everything for both application and removal. Anyways, let’s take a sneak peek at the process of taking off acrylic nails.
- First of all, you need cotton balls of the size a bit larger than your nails. They should be large enough to cover the whole of your acrylics.
- Cut the aluminum foil in ten strips to cover the cotton balls. If you don’t have foil at home, you can opt to buy online easily. They are easily available at almost all of the stores near you.
- Then you need a bowl of acetone. Acetone shall be used to soak the nails in. It would help dissolve the acrylic without any issues.
- Dip a cotton ball in the acetone and place it on one of your nails. You can start with any of fingers. Take a foil strip and wrap it around the cotton ball to cover the nails. Repeat this procedure with all of the nails you have put acrylics on.
- Now, that you are done with soaking your nails one after the other, give yourself a time at least 15 to 20 minutes. Take rest on a couch and spread your nails across a table to make yourself easy. Don’t try to sleep! Keep talking to others or watching TV.
- Within 20 minutes time, the acetone would have performed its job and most of acrylic on your nails would have dissolved.
- Remove the foil and use the cotton balls to wipe off all of the acrylic on your nails.
- If you still see some parts of nails painted, you can apply the acetone again for few minutes.
- The job is done.
After taking off acrylic nails with aluminum foil, don’t forget to moisture your nails and hands so that they don’t end dried up. So, how to remove acrylic nails with foil? We hope you can do it on your own now!